BanderasRojas

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 8 September 2011

Jerry is a Genius and I Love Him

Posted on 08:07 by Unknown
MY CAFÉ CON LECHE.
The kitchen is still a mess; the counters are covered with things that haven't yet found their new places.  So, this morning, I had a quick bowl of yogurt and fruit, Jerry had a quick bowl of cereal, and we headed downstairs to El Sanedrín for a more relaxed breakfast. (El Sanedrín is the cafe/bar to the right of our front door; Dos de Mayo is the tapas bar to the left.)  I had a half serving of tostada, Iberian ham, their exceptional local olive oil, and tomato puree.  Jerry had an entire serving ("of course," he says) of tostada with marmalade and butter, and a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice.  After breakfast,  Jerry went grocery shopping and I came back upstairs to continue to organize, do laundry, and just get settled.
MY TOSTADA.

When Jerry got back from Mercadona, he unpacked the groceries and we went to Dos de Mayo for lunch, which was delicious — beautiful battered and fried (OK, not the healthiest choice) langostinos and a beans and fish tapa that I ordered because Jerry thought it looked good.  (I knew I would hate it, but I wanted him to be happy.)  Well, it was delicious and I was happier than he was.

We then came back upstairs and Jerry sat down to see if he could figure out our connectivity problems before having to call Vodafone again.  I headed back out to run a few errands.  I returned home less than an hour later and Jerry opened the door before I could turn my key in the lock.  He was beaming.

CREPE MYRTLE ACROSS THE PLAZA.  ALICE IS HERE!

"It's working!  Sit down at your computer and see."  The router currently sits in the alcove between the foyer and the living room.  My bedroom is almost as far away as you can get in the apartment and there are several thick concrete walls between.  We walked down the long hall.  I sat down at my desk.  I clicked on Firefox.  And, in a heartbeat, I was connected.  I clicked on my desktop email and all my new messages appeared.  Jerry had figured it out without even phoning Vodafone a second time.  I already knew he was a genius.  I already knew I loved him.  But, well, he is and I do.

OUR COAT RACK— PURCHASED IN WASHINGTON, D.C. IN 1984 — WAS MADE FOR THIS SPACE.
ONCE AGAIN, A PLACE TO HANG OUR HATS.  (NOW WE HAVE TO BUY HATS.)
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Picking Up a Couple of Sailors
    The Parachute Jump still stands as a recognizable icon of Coney Island.   It was moved to its current location in 1941 from its original spo...
  • Exercising My Demons
    I am trying to get back into the habit of working out regularly.  Obviously, it's great to stay in shape, but it's also really impor...
  • If A Tree Falls In The Plaza
    We had some rain last night. And quite a bit of wind. I didn't open the shutters to see what was going on, but the windows rattled for a...
  • She Acts Like She Owns The Place
    Last night, we had dinner at Carmela, a restaurant in the plaza Santa Maria de la Blanca.  We chose Carmela because, even though it was past...
  • Catalina, Anchovies, and the Duchess of Alba
    I never met an anchovy I didn't loathe... That is until last week at my new favorite restaurant in Sevilla (and maybe anywhere). The che...
  • The Ceramic Monastery Museum and Gardens
    Some of my recent posts have been all about the special exhibit at the Center for Contemporary Art here in Sevilla. You may remember that th...
  • Seeing a Stork in Sevilla: Good or Bad Omen?
    There are a number of superstitions about storks. Among them: 1.  If a stork builds a nest on your house, your house will never burn down no...
  • Watch Your Language
    The last time we went to IKEA (Monday of last week, I think), we had a delightful taxi driver named Paco who talked with us the entire time....
  • Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
    OR WHY I DON'T COOK, PART 2 NOT ME. Even after the shrimp scampi disaster , Jerry was still not convinced that taking turns cooking was ...
  • I Know What You're Getting For Christmas
    The holidays can be emotionally wrought times for most people. I try to focus only on the joy and special memories of family and friends. (A...

Categories

  • alameda (1)
  • anchovies (1)
  • anchovy (1)
  • art (1)
  • avenza (1)
  • bananas (1)
  • barcelona (1)
  • beacon+hill (1)
  • best+restaurant (1)
  • boston (1)
  • brooklyn (2)
  • cambridge (1)
  • cannelloni (1)
  • carrara (1)
  • catalina (2)
  • charles (1)
  • chef (1)
  • china (1)
  • cooking (1)
  • dining (1)
  • downstate (1)
  • drawing (1)
  • ed+sullivan (1)
  • erotic (1)
  • españa (1)
  • first+kiss (1)
  • gay (1)
  • gonzalo (1)
  • hercules (1)
  • I (1)
  • italy (1)
  • jrw (1)
  • mitchell+block (1)
  • ponce+de+leon (1)
  • porch (1)
  • restaurants (1)
  • san+diego (1)
  • sevilla (4)
  • seville (3)
  • sheraton (1)
  • spain (3)
  • suny (1)
  • wences (1)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (141)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (18)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (15)
    • ►  March (19)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (15)
  • ►  2012 (214)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (18)
    • ►  October (21)
    • ►  September (19)
    • ►  August (20)
    • ►  July (18)
    • ►  June (22)
    • ►  May (25)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2011 (145)
    • ►  December (18)
    • ►  November (18)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ▼  September (19)
      • Don't Get Your Knickers in a Twist
      • An Afternoon in Torrox
      • The First Few Hours in Málaga
      • I Need A Vacation Like Nobody's Business
      • Progress at Home and in My Head
      • Remembering a Big Sister
      • Not a Revolution. Just a Revuelto.
      • Heard on the Street
      • Entertainment Tonight
      • Never Good Enough
      • The Street Where We Live
      • Dinner at Home
      • Casa Olivia de Lopez and Dining Out
      • Well Hung... For Starters
      • Jerry is a Genius and I Love Him
      • If The Truck Fits
      • Installed, Not Working, Soon To Be Furnished.
      • It All Comes Out in the Wash
      • Watch Your Language
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (16)
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (6)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile